The topics discussed in the political climate of Utah, which was rocked lately with a questionable HIV campaign, included the Articles of Impeachment against President Donald Trump that were hand-walked over to the Senate late Wednesday.
Additional topics talked about surrounding the impeachment proceedings include:
- Mitt Romney – open to witnesses (Democrats only need 4 Republicans)
- Mike Lee – (not open to witnesses but sided with Democrats on Iran military bill)
- Utah Impeachment History: Rep. Chris Cannon was a trial manager in 1999 for President Clinton. He was chosen by the Judiciary Committee (not the Speaker).
The trio then took to other issues at the forefront of Utah politics. The chit-chat included:
- Democratic Presidential Candidates: Should they take part in the trial? Michael Bennett, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and Amy Klobuchar. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn) … Wants them to recuse themselves.
- Bishop will not run for Governor: Throws support behind Thomas Wright, who announced Bishop as his running mate Thursday.
- Spencer Cox Abortion Comments at the Eagle Forum: Much ado about nothing or big problem?
- More Women in the workforce: Buried deep in the U.S. government’s December jobs report was an interesting piece of data—women hold more jobs than men, occupying 50.04% of positions. Will this move us closer to equal pay?
- Gov. Herbert kills funny condoms in the Utah Department of Health’s HIV campaign.