- Maura Carabello – President and Owner of The Exoro Group
- Greg Hughes – Former Utah Speaker of the House- businessman and lobbyist
Government Shutdown averted, but not for long:
Congress needs to fund the government, deal with the debt ceiling and decide if it will push through POTUS $3.4 trillion-dollar human infrastructure package or the bi-partisan package pushed by Senator Mitt Romney.
Bipartisan infrastructure deal Gives Utah $3.96 Billion over 5 years
Generals Contradict POTUS in Congress saying they advised leaving 2500 troops in Afghanistan.
Salt Lake City Police response times: The Chief says they are understaffed- are they? We break down the numbers of sworn officers you probably haven’t heard.
Gov. Spencer Cox in monthly news conference said no vaccine mandates: He would block any attempt by the Utah legislature to prevent private companies from mandating the vaccine, but also opposes government mandates for the private sector.
Sen. Lee has filed 9 bills to push back on Biden vaccine and testing mandate.
- S.2840– A bill to permit civil actions against the United States for COVID-19 vaccination mandates.
- S.2841– A bill to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to publicly disclose information regarding adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines.
- S.2842– A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to prohibit the Secretary of Defense from requiring that members of the armed forces receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- S.2843– A bill to prohibit the imposition of a fine, fee, or taxation on any person for violation of a COVID-19 vaccine mandate issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration or any other executive agency.
- S.2846– A bill to require Federal agencies to acknowledge, accept, and agree to truthfully present, natural immunity pertaining to COVID-19 pursuant to promulgating certain regulations.
- S.2847– A bill to prohibit the Federal Government from mandating vaccination against COVID-19 for interstate travel.
- S.2848– A bill to exempt individuals with a personal health concern from complying with a Federal COVID-19 mandate.
- S.2849– A bill to stipulate that nothing in federal law provides a Federal agency with the authority to mandate that an individual be inoculated by a COVID-19 vaccine.
- S.2850– A bill to exempt individuals from complying with a Federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate on the basis of a personal belief, and for other purposes.
Utah School Cases
The state has seen 9,957 school age cases kids age 5-17 in the month of September. They were predicting 39,000 cases.
Right now, cases among school-aged children are about 3.5 times higher than what we saw at the beginning of last school year. Our projections, show cases increasing dramatically over what was last fall – with the potential for 39,000 cases in September alone! pic.twitter.com/NuTEFfmCF8
— State of Utah COVID-19 Response (@UtahCoronavirus) August 31, 2021