Host: Heidi Hatch
- Greg Hughes – Former Utah House Speaker now registered lobbyist
- Maura Carabello – Exoro Group
Salt Lake police response times: Chief Mike Brown hiring civilians to respond to low priority calls.
Many are retired officers. He sites parking, noise complaints. Are these calls really low risk? Aaron Lowe’s shooting and death followed multiple unanswered noise complaints. We now Lowe was ultimately shot over a parking dispute.
Sex misconduct allegations inside Spencer Cox’s campaign for governor.
Joint statement released last week
This brave woman brought her experiences to light despite tremendous risk and personal hardship. It took incredible courage for her to speak up. We hope that any other victim of sexual or workplace misconduct knows that they have advocates and allies in us. https://t.co/DlCFtoAGuQ
— Deidre Henderson (@DeidreHenderson) October 7, 2021
Austin Cox attorney responded – we have requested an interview
In a statement Friday, attorneys representing Austin Cox – who is not related to the governor – called the accusations “baseless.”
“The personal relationship in question was a long-term relationship between two young single adults,” Austin Cox’s attorneys said. “The relationship was ended by our client earlier this year. Our client unequivocally and emphatically denies any allegations to the contrary.”
- Austin Cox was the Governor’s right-hand man.
- Ran his campaign, took part in the Cox and Friends podcast, was positioned and ran for party Vice Chair.
- Who knew what and when? Who investigated?
Ballots arrive in mailboxes: Ranked Choice voting in the mix
- Will it work? Is it a good idea?
Salt Lake County Ranked Choice Voting 101
- “RCV is intended to manipulate outcomes.”
- “What a joke. This is just another progressive voting tactic. I have never seen a republican win when it goes past the first stage….only democrats”
- “Gonna steal some more elections…”
- “One person, one vote, it’s a Soros funded scam”
Senator Mike Lee race: Jon Huntsman supporting Mike Lee
While several people have thrown their hat into the race to unseat Lee (@beckyforutah @allyisom), running as more moderate Republicans or Independent in the case of @EvanMcMullin – it appears Senator Lee has the support of more moderate Republicans. #utpol https://t.co/RTM25O827Q
— Heidi Hatch KUTV (@tvheidihatch) October 14, 2021
Next week on Take 2:
- Senator Kirk Cullimore – Republican pitches a progressive clean air bill. “Prosperity 2030”
- Says this is a top issue with constituents
- Reduce emissions by 50% before 2030
- Cars, factories and businesses in the crosshair